Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Nightlights in the City of Lights

Went back to the hotel to slack for a while since I had already paid for it. Was close to 8 but the sky was still bright. The plan tonight was to make sure that i captured in all the bright lights of Paris to compensate for what i had failed to do so previously.

Winded my way through the streets of Paris close to 9pm but bloody hell, it was stil as bright as our 5pm. Was already at the Champ Elysees at 930 and I still see no artificial lights. Decided to continue my crazy indulgent way and decided to check myself into a cafe 100 m away from the Arc d'Triomphe. It was another round of ppl watching as i sat by the terrace cafe, slowing chewing away at my roasted chicken accompanied by another bottle of coke yet again. Figured out that that was the best way to get my money worth, compared to only one glass of wine for only slightly lower price. had a conversation with the waiter who kept drumming into me that "c'est Paris" and I should not let the night go ALONE :p Anyway i already had a plan in mind and thus i kindly rejected his offer of giving me some of the city's hippest clubbing place.

It was way past 10 pm when the lights were finally up and what a stunning sight it was. I totally absorbed the pictures along the Champs, the Arc, Louvre and especially the Eiffel. I must make special mention of the Eiffel. if anyone is bring their girlfriends along to Paris, do try out the following. Bring them for some shopping at the Champs (which remained open till 11 pm, it being a weekend) followed by a slow walk to the Arc. Pretend to take some pictures before embarking on the biggie. take the path that is perpendicular to the left arm of the Arc and strolled towards the Eiffel. The tower will be completely out of sight which makes the subsequent sight even more wondrous to behold. Give yourself about 30 minutes and continue walking straight. Do not stray into any of the side roads, no matter how tempting they may look and voila at the end of the street, one will be treated to a magnificent view of the Eiffel, even more splendid than if u were to see it from near. Proceed to do some bo liao stuff before seizing on the magical moment at the stroke of the hour to see an even more awesome picture (hence the 30 minutes which i had said earlier to make sure that you will have ample time but not too excessive ^_^)

Had a walk down the Seine thereafter. I had been dreaming the entire day of an exotic encounter by the Seine (my BIG plan :p) but i guessed it was too late. Saw totally nothing at all but nevertheless still managed to get in some more pretty night scenes of the Louvre, as well as, the Opera House. Not too disappointed about the day's work though as i head back for the comfort of my bubble bath

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home