Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A Day in the Office

Had wanted to blog yesterday but the connection was too unstable. Tried to load blogger right after lunch but was still loading even AFTER I CAME BACK FROM DINNER!!!!!! The people have started their training and loud thundering noises can be heard every day.

Was at the cookhouse yesterday when the first drops of snow fell. I was told that there was already some in the morning by the airport party which i had missed. It was so surreal yet beautiful. Ran back to my bunk to get the camera to film all of it down.

Snow continued to come in spurts throughout the whole of yesterday. Its a bit like rain but yet so different. Everyone was indulging in that bit of snow, irregardless of rank, especially when we saw WR and MB joining in the fun also.

Today was even more beautiful as I finally get to see what is real snow. There was totally no warning except that I was wondering to myself that it was quite dark and gloomy when I woke up. By the time I finished washing up and changed into my uniform, voila, snowflakes were floating gently to the ground outside my window. The snow was picking up in intensity and soon the trees and ground were covered with snow. Had real fun taking photos, esp at the back of my office where the snow-covered tree blend seamlessly with the red-bricked buildings. There was even enough snow to have a mini snowball fight! ^_^ Imagine training in the snow. Its such a cool new experience...

1 Comments:

At 11:51 PM, Blogger Lionel said...

finally! was wondering why you haven't blogged for such a long while (relatively). glad to read of your snow experience, though i dare say it'll only be a matter of time before you get sick of it =p take good care, and hope everything happens smoothly and safely!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home