Monday, March 02, 2009

Lazy Day, Good Day

Woke up late today (on purpose) I must say because it was a Sunday and Germans don't work on Sundays. Decided to be super slack today and went for breakfast in my T-shirt and shorts. Of course, it shocked everyone as the temperature outside was still sub 10 but I was simply too lazy to change out and so just walked across the blocks in sleeping gear, Singapore style =p

Couldn't line up any programme in the nearby cities too as we were supposed to receive HN who was to arrive around midday. Pity though as I was planning to make the trip to Bremen to see them take on the mighty Bayern but oh well, their qualification meant that at least I should still be able to see them in action against St Etienne 2 weeks later ^_^

Had my first German meal today as we went to have Schnitzel. Wasn't at all impressed as it was just fried stuffed pork . Make for a filling meal but boring compared to what I had previously in Europe -- Spanish paella, Italian tagatellia, Greek souvlaki and even the duck rice in Prague. Haiz, reinforced my impression of Germany being an efficient industrious nation.

Nevertheless it was a relaxing day spent in town. No shops were opened so could only spend the day lazing around in the hotel room, reading and playing my DS. Quite a good way to chill, seeing the haze built up outside the window peppered with the ocassional rain. And so passed one uneventful day in Germany...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home